Humanities on the Road
Sending Creative Thinkers Throughout Nevada
Humanities on the Road sends Nevada's creative thinkers to diverse communities throughout the state to provide a wide range of thought-provoking, inspiring, and entertaining presentations. These presentations explore topics drawn from the fields of history, art, culture, literature, music, politics, law, science, folklore, environment, and more. Humanities on the Road programs help us understand ourselves – our sense of place, stories, ideas, and heritage.
The objectives of the Humanities on the Road program are:
- To offer a range of thought-provoking, inspiring experiences that have relevance for Nevadans.
- To present a range of experiences that instill within Nevadans a sense of engagement and connection.
- To provide a vehicle for creative and inspirational humanities experts to share their vision and knowledge with people throughout the state.
- To provide a way in which Nevada Humanities – through producing and presenting humanities content – can support and enhance the work of Nevada’s cultural organizations and educational institutions.
- To provide a mechanism for Nevada Humanities to reach and connect with Nevada residents from all sorts of backgrounds and in every part of the state.
Who Can Host a Humanities on the Road Presentation?
Humanities on the Road presentations are available to any Nevada nonprofit and/or educational organization, as well as K-12 schools, that can meet the following requirements:
- Make the presentation free and open to the public (K-12 schools excepted).
- Generate publicity ahead of the event and guarantee an expected audience of 20 people or more.
- Allow ample time for the booked presentation to be presented (the duration depends on the program and should be discussed with the presenter).
- After consultation with Nevada Humanities staff, submit a formal application to host a Humanities on the Road presentation, via the Humanities on the Road website, no less than six weeks ahead of the proposed presentation date.
Nevada Humanities’ Humanities on the Road presentations are also available for booking by closed membership organizations and for private functions for a fee of $500 per presentation, plus travel and lodging expenses as applicable. For more information about our Humanities on the Road presenters and presentations, see here. For more information about applying to host a Humanities on the Road presentation, see here.